Click Here to Listen to: My Piece Regarding Moral Code, and Thug Life.
(This is the best compilation of information on Thug Life I have found from here, and there.) (If you have a better one that needs to be displayed please get in touch with me.)
These are the rules:
A word Evolved by the late Tupac Shakur. Commonly mistaken for a Criminal. Thug Life is the opposite of someone having all he needs to succeed. Thug life is when you have nothing, and succeed, when you have overcome all obstacles to reach your aim.
“When my heart beats, it screams THUG LIFE.”
1) acronym for “The Hate U Give Little Infants Fucks Everyone”. This acronyn was made popular by American rap artist 2Pac.
2) The Codes Of Thug Life where a set of codes written by 2Pac. The codes where designed to give order to the rise of gang violence and drug dealing. It made certain immoral actions, against the code which, would become a code of the street.
These codes where signed by heads from the Bloods and Crips at a peace treaty picnic called the Truc Picnic, in California in 1992.
3) Thug Life was a rap group formed by 2Pac which consisted of him and 4 others: Mopreme, Macadoshis, Big Syke, and The Rated R
After 2Pac was imprisoned on rape allegations the rappers would disband. Some would regroup after 2Pac’s release and signing with Death Row Records and form the beginning of rap group called Tha Outlawz.
Code OF “THUG LIFE”:
1. All new Jacks to the game must know: a) He’s going to get rich. b) He’s going to jail. c) He’s going to die.
2. Crew Leaders: You are responsible for legal/financial payment commitments to crew members; your word must be your bond.
3. One crew’s rat is every crew’s rat. Rats are now like a disease; sooner or later we all get it; and they should too.
4. Crew leader and posse should select a diplomat, and should work ways to settle disputes. In unity, there is strength!
5. Car jacking in our Hood is against the Code.
6. Slinging to children is against the Code.
7. Having children slinging is against the Code.
8. No slinging in schools.
9. Since the rat Nicky Barnes opened his mouth; ratting has become accepted by some. We’re not having it.
10. Snitches is outta here.
11. The Boys in Blue don’t run nothing; we do. Control the Hood, and make it safe for squares.
12. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That’s baby killing; that’s genocide!
13. Know your target, who’s the real enemy.
14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared.
15. Harm to children will not be forgiven.
16. Attacking someone’s home where their family is known to reside, must be altered or checked.
17. Senseless brutality and rape must stop.
18. Our old folks must not be abused.
19. Respect our Sisters. Respect our Brothers.
20. Sisters in the Life must be respected if they respect themselves.
21. Military disputes concerning business areas within the community must be handled professionally and not on the block.
22. No shooting at parties.
23. Concerts and parties are neutral territories; no shooting!
24. Know the Code; it’s for everyone.
25. Be a real ruff neck. Be down with the code of the Thug Life.
26. Protect yourself at all times..
by Outlaw 2 Da Death November 25, 2005
Contrary to popular belief, a person who leads a “Thug Life” is not a criminal. The acronym made popular by the great rapper Tupac Shakur has nothing to do with being a “gangsta” or anything of the sort, rather, it stands for all the socially oppressive things we are taught at a young age that negatively affects us (or society) as adults.
When parents teach their children to hate a certain group of people because they are “different” than them, that in turn “fucks everyone,” and the people who are victims of that hate, live a “Thug Life“
Many people who aren’t familiar with Tupac’s work commonly mistaken the phrase as someone who is a “gangsta”, lowlife, “criminal,” etc. not realising that there is much more to the acronym than meets the eye .
A phrase born on the streets of Los Angeles. During the early 1990′s, several politicians, including Bob Dole had characterized rap artists as Thugs. Indeed, this was taken as an attack on the hip hop community as a whole. Many, including the late Tupac Shakur, had rejected the criminal implication. It was clear to those in the hip hop community that anyone who attempts to rise from despair would be labeled a Thug. Hence, Thug Life became a phrase meaning “the life one must lead in order to rise through the everyday sturggle”; understood by those “in the know” and misunderstood by all others. Today, Thug Life represents a large underground community who’s successful members are constantly in the public eye. In several parts of the United States and around the world, small boutiques even carry a “Thug Life” clothing brand, which was founded in Los Angeles in 1996, the year of Tupac Shakur’s much publicized shooting. Those wearing the phrase Thug Life are believed to be members of the Thug Life movement. Tupac Shakur’s acronym for “Thug Life” is THE HATE U GIVE LIL’ INFANTS F**KS EVERYBODY.
“They wonder what type of nigga be a thug life nigga, we be the craziest” – Quote taken from the Tupac song “Nothing to Lose”